cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to disable client blocking after a number of failed authentication attempts?

GabrielRussell
New Contributor

I work for an MSP and we just took over a network for a resort that was using Ruckus Access Points and a ZoneDirector 3000. I notice that there's a warning on the main page of the controller that states that a particular user has failed authentication and will be blocked from joining the network for half a minute. I'm trying to see if it's possible to change either the number of times that takes to block the client, or how long they're blocked for, or to disable it entirely. Normally this is something I'd keep enabled but we just made some major network changes and users (older ones in particular) are having issues logging in, so I'd like to temporarily disable it before we switch over our equipment to the new stuff and everyone is situated. If there's any more info anyone needs please let me know.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Vineet_nejwala

@GabrielRussell 

If you would like to disable or edit the time limit to this Dos option, please login to the ZD and navigate to Services & Profiles >> WIPS and rogue Devices >>> Temporarily block wireless clients with repeated authentication (the time can be configured in between 10 to 1200 seconds and default is 30).

Please do let me know once this serves your requirement.

Best Regards

Vineet

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Vineet_nejwala

@GabrielRussell 

If you would like to disable or edit the time limit to this Dos option, please login to the ZD and navigate to Services & Profiles >> WIPS and rogue Devices >>> Temporarily block wireless clients with repeated authentication (the time can be configured in between 10 to 1200 seconds and default is 30).

Please do let me know once this serves your requirement.

Best Regards

Vineet

That worked. Cheers!