cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I update the ZoneDirector 1100 to the latest firmware?

steekyjim
New Contributor II
Hi,
I'm scared to break the thing. Can anyone please provide me with step by step directions for upgrading the firmware on a ZD11000? Or point me in the right direction for instructions?

Thanks in advance,

John
20 REPLIES 20

anthony_anyoti
New Contributor III
Hi Rahul,

Thanks for the prompt feedback. The exact version is 9.5.2.0 build 15. I had looked at the same document and clicked on the URL which pointed me to version 9.8.3.0.14. This is the version I have been trying to update to with no success.

Any advice you can provide would be helpful.

Regards
Anthony

rahul_koul
Contributor
Hi Anthony,

Happy to help! I would suggest to follow below upgrade path for the ZD 1100:

9.5.2.0.15 >> 9.6.2.0.13 >> 9.7.2.0.9 >> 9.8.3.0.14

and from the below link you should be able to download the 9.6.2.0.13 firmware:

https://support.ruckuswireless.com/pr...
1100/software/471-zd1100-9-6-2-0-13-mr-software-release

Few things to remember:
1) Save a back up of the config at each upgrade step.
2) Upgrade from local site.
3) Ensure that Real Time Monitoring (not recommended to be enabled for continuous time) is disabled. You can do this from ZD Ui , Monitor :: Real Time Monitoring.
4.) Delete all Events/Activities from Monitor :: All Events/Activities (Frees up some cache memory).
5) Upgrade using Firefox or Google Chrome.
6) Read release notes of all above version before doing the upgrades.
7) Last but not the least ,upgrade during a maintenance window as wireless will be down during the upgrades.

Regards,
Rahul

anthony_anyoti
New Contributor III
Hi Rahul,

Unfortunately I keep being redirected to the 9.8 software release every time I open the link you sent or indeed the pdf with instructions on how to upgrade (please try it for yourself and see). Please advise an alternative download path if available.

Regards
Anthony

Here is the upgrade path link:

https://support.ruckuswireless.com/answers/000001841

The link above also has the links to all the relvent files youll need to get the ZD1100 to 9.8.

If you have never upgraded a ZD1100 before, get ready for a long day, as it takes ages just to upgrade 1 version and you have 4 to do 🙂

Good Luck

Thank you so much Sean! Finally!!! Preparing my change window for the upgrade-its much appreciated. Anthony