cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DEVELOP GUEST ACCESS FUNCTION ZD 1200

raka_andrean_ha
New Contributor III
Do you know, how to setting authenticaton email server?
I mean, I have a SSID then user only connect to SSID with using email company. So if someone doesnt have email company, they can not connect to SSID.
9 REPLIES 9

monnat_systems
Valued Contributor II
hello mr nobody

may i know what you plan to do??

raka_andrean_ha
New Contributor III
heyy all.. my plan have two SSID, one SSID for employee and the other SSID for guest. and now, I have develop one SSID use auth Active Directory for employee and one SSID use guest access pass for guest that need approval from administrator network.

shane_ferguson
New Contributor III
If you setup  guestpass self service then people which want access to your guest network  connect to it and are presented a splash page where they need to enter click on the request access link.

They then need to enter  their  email address  and an email address of someone within the company who has a user directory account ( LDAP or AD) who will need to approve the guest access request.

On entering these details the an email is sent to the approver who clicks on a link in the email enters there directory credentials and then clicks on the approve  button for the request.

Once this has occurred an email is then set to the guest with their login code for the guest network.

For this to work you will need to setup Email Server under system  on the Zonedrector as well as configuring the Guest access  service.

Hope this is what you are after.

izhar_ullah
New Contributor
please someone share proper configuration that how can i create guest ssid on on different vlan on zd1200 i create?

Hi Izhar,

Login to ZD GUI >> Wireless LAN >> Create >> Choose SSID type  as Guest >> fill out the desired options >> expand "Advances settings" >> under VLAN option, change the VLAN from 1 (default untagged VLAN) to your desired tagged VLAN. Make sure same VLAN is tagged on all the switch uplinks and on the switch port where AP is connected.

Regards,
Syamantak Omer

Syamantak Omer
Sr.Staff TSE | CWNA | CCNA | RCWA | RASZA | RICXI
RUCKUS Networks, CommScope!
Follow me on LinkedIn