cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Check out Ruckus ZoneDirector 1200 Licenses, problems with primary machine, upload licenses to secondary.

manuel_emilio_l
New Contributor

Hello,

I have 2 Ruckus ZoneDirector 1200, one is the main one and the other is the secondary one, the main one grants 26 licenses to the other ruckus r600 APs and the secondary one grants only 5 licenses, the main one has failed / failed and only the secondary one is working , which only grants 5 licenses, should deliver all 31 licenses, but there is some reason why it does not.

How could I extract the 26 licenses from the primary and upload them to the secondary?

the primary does not respond neither the 2 ethernet ports nor the console port.

What actions should we take?

Equipment data:

1. Main:
----------------
n / s: 241508000064
MAC ADRESS: 94: F6: 65: 27: FB: 60
2. Secondary:
----------------
n / s: 241508000061
MAC ADRESS: 94: F6: 65: 27: FB: 00

2 REPLIES 2

manuel_emilio_l
New Contributor

I have entered a ticket Case ID: 01136389

Hi Manuel,

As long as smart redundancy is enable, license pool will show you and support total AP licenses (SR enable = ZD1+ZD2 AP licenses = Total AP supported). Once you disable the smart redundancy, then only pool will break and you will left with the licenses of ZD2.

I don't think you can merge your licenses from two different ZDs. However, you can request for a temporary license (find the link below) which will be valid for 30 days. In the meantime, you will get enough time to get a replacement.

https://support.ruckuswireless.com/temp_license_requests/new

Syamantak Omer
Sr.Staff TSE | CWNA | CCNA | RCWA | RASZA | RICXI
RUCKUS Networks, CommScope!
Follow me on LinkedIn