cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

upgrading Access Points from ZF7962 to R510

matt_hodge_d5fx
New Contributor III

Hi – We currently have a Ruckus Zone Director ZD3050 with about 30 ZF7962 access points running version 9.8.3.0 build 58. We are keeping the ZD3050 because it’s fairly new, but we are replacing the ZF7962 access points with ZF R510 (model 901R510US00) to work with this controller. I’m looking for some direction on the best way to upgrade, without taking down the entire wifi network. If I configure each AP for the Zone Director, will the R510 access points function on version 9.8.3.0 build 58 temporarily? My thinking was to replace several a day until complete, then if they all function on version 9.8.3.0 build 58 once all are installed, then upgrade the controller to the latest version, which of course will upgrade the access points. Please let me know if this will work. Also trying to find out what the earliest version of firmware the R510s will work with - please help - Thank you!

6 REPLIES 6

@matt_hodge_d5fx06hrqxty4 

I have not had to wall mount one, but Anthony has the right idea- they come with standard drywall anchors, so they should be fairly simple if that works.  The quick setup guide for them has the template for the screw spacing if you need it.

Alternatively, Ruckus does have an accessory plate (902-0108-0000) that is meant for mounting over a wall box, including a locking mount if the APs are within reach.

ms264556
Contributor II

The mounting kits also come with a couple of screws with plastic anchors, so you can screw them straight into the ceiling.

Quite often when I buy 2nd hand Ruckus APs they're attached to L shaped metal wall brackets like the one here: https://www.trademe.co.nz/3202361130. Maybe the R500 lender/seller has some of these lying around? (I have a bunch spare, but I'm in NZ).