cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ruckus H510 antenna pattern and placement

lukas_bohm
New Contributor II
Hello all, i got a question about Ruckus H510 wall AP. I found antenna patterns here: https://support.ruckuswireless.com/answers/000002093/download and what isn't clear for me - is antenna pattern for AP mounted on a wall ( as should be ) or on the ceilling.

So if i have this AP on a wall, is behind AP  same signal strength ( if i am not considering wall attenuation ) ? Is that antenna pattern for AP mounted on the wall or on the ceiling?

Thanks
Lucas
16 REPLIES 16

lukas_bohm
New Contributor II
Hello, i found this document: http://www.netadmin.us/docs/Ruckus_Creating_AP_Templates.pdf  which says: "This is an Azimuth orientation (hanging
from the ceiling). It is the most commonly used orientation. If you are hanging it on a wall, use
the EL (Elevation) option."

So if H510 is on the wall ( not on the ceiling )  then i need to consider EL antenna patter for on the floor coverage and AZ between the floors coverage?  Right?

Can somebody advise me best practice for H510 placement?
They should be on outside walls ( from indoor side of course ). I want to achieve two rooms coverage per 1 AP, 32 in summary.

Thanks a lot

michael_brado
Esteemed Contributor II
If you put one H510 on the outside wall, near the wall between the two rooms you wish to cover, it should be sufficient.
Alternate and stagger on the other side of the hallway rooms so your H510s are not directly accross from each other.

If you have a copy of ZonePlanner, this antenna pattern KBA has the H510 radiation patterns for 2.4 and 5g, and assumes
the H510 is wall (not ceiling) mounted.
https://support.ruckuswireless.com/answers/000002093

lukas_bohm
New Contributor II
Hello Michael,
thank you for your reply. I would like better specify my scenario. 

There are two hallways  and 8 rooms per hallway, 16 rooms per one floor. One room consists of  2 small rooms divided by wall.  All  8 rooms in one hallway  are  in row, only in one side.  It means there aren't rooms from other side of hallway.  Same is in second hallway, which are in opposite side of the floor.

Two small rooms share common wall between each other. This wall goes between hallway wall ( between room and hallway )  and outside/outer wall . My plan was put one H510 on this common wall. But i wasn't sure about H510 antenna pattern. If H510 could cover second room behind the common wall. 

So if that radiation patterns assume that H510 is really wall mounted, then it covers all in 360 degrees radius in horizontal plane. Right? But if you look at those diagrams, then elevation diagram is strange. It seems that then H510 covers very well upper floor and  very slightly or almost not lower floor. Am i right?

Btw: Would be helpful drawing for you?
Unfortunatelly i haven't got ZonePlanner. I use Ekahau.

What is better approach for this project?  More H  with lower TX gain or fewer R ? I need penertrate max 1 concrete wall. (  unfortunately all walls are made from concrete ).

Thanks

Lucas

michael_brado
Esteemed Contributor II
Any reason you're not discussing your plans with your local VAR?