cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FragAttacks Security Vulnerability - RUCKUS Technical Support Response Center

grodog-prod
Contributor II

At 11:00am PDT today, the Wi-Fi Alliance announced a new Wi-Fi security vulnerability, FragAttacks.

The FragAttacks - RUCKUS Technical Support Response Center is our central web page that brings together all of the RUCKUS-related information you need to address FragAttacks, including:

In addition, the RUCKUS senior technology leadership has prepared resources to explain the nature and impact of the FragAttacks vulnerabilities, including technical blogs, videos, and podcasts.  These are all linked on the FragAttacks - RUCKUS Technical Support Response Center web page.

Please use this thread as a central location for your FragAttacks questions and concerns.  Doing so will help to ensure that we can respond as quickly as possible to your issues as you raise them. 

Thank you!

Allan Grohe

Allan T. Grohe Jr.
==
Knowledge Management Program Director
for RUCKUS Customer Services & Support
44 REPLIES 44

elliot_french_2
New Contributor II

Hi, has the AP patch for SmartZone versions 5.1.2.3 and 5.2.1.3 been delayed?

The FragAttack Support Center page says the target release date for these was the 16th of June but I cannot locate anything new in the Downloads section for SmartZone.

Hi Elliot,

There is some delay in delivering the pending patches, we are working continuously with chip vendor to get the fix released as soon as we can.

We will update the page with new dates for pending patches.

We appreciate all the patience and cooperation!

Thank you.

Syamantak Omer
Sr.Staff TSE | CWNA | CCNA | RCWA | RASZA | RICXI
RUCKUS Networks, CommScope!
Follow me on LinkedIn

Hi Elliot,

New target dates has been updated.

Syamantak Omer
Sr.Staff TSE | CWNA | CCNA | RCWA | RASZA | RICXI
RUCKUS Networks, CommScope!
Follow me on LinkedIn

Thanks Syamantak.

Did you put the correct date? If so, it's wrong again. 🙂

Engineering is squeezing in some additional fixes, so I've just updated the release dates for the SZ/vSZ 5.1.2.3 and 5.2.1.3 FIPS releases to 7 July.

And do please note that these are FIPS releases, not standard SZ/vSZ releases. 

Allan.

Allan T. Grohe Jr.
==
Knowledge Management Program Director
for RUCKUS Customer Services & Support