cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AP throughput is not increasing.

Hiro
New Contributor III

Hello.
I was wondering if anyone knows what I'm looking for.

I currently have an R650 AP connected to each L3 switch and a cascaded L2 switch.
They are managed by the same vSZ controller and are configured exactly the same.
The two switches are also connected with the same PoE+ (class 4).

I thought this would allow me to expect the same throughput from both, but it drops to about 400mbps for the upper AP and about 90-140mbps for the lower AP.

The switches are linked at 2.5Gbps between them, so it is hard to imagine this part of the network being the bottleneck, but does anyone know anything about this?

I'm grateful for your advice.
Thank you in advance.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

bruno_andrade
RUCKUS Team Member

Hi, maybe you have more RF interference in this other AP.

You may want to check if the throughput test is being made using a same capable device and if the Airtime usage in both APs are the same.

I suggest to you use iPerf to test the throughput, this way you can test the speed between two devices in same AP, avoiding any switch or router issue.

Bruno Andrade | Principal TSE Bulldog Americas | RCNA | CWNA | CWDP
Follow me on LinkedIn

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

bruno_andrade
RUCKUS Team Member

Hi, maybe you have more RF interference in this other AP.

You may want to check if the throughput test is being made using a same capable device and if the Airtime usage in both APs are the same.

I suggest to you use iPerf to test the throughput, this way you can test the speed between two devices in same AP, avoiding any switch or router issue.

Bruno Andrade | Principal TSE Bulldog Americas | RCNA | CWNA | CWDP
Follow me on LinkedIn