cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

r310 wi-fi network reset

alessandro_pell
New Contributor II

Hi to all, i'm new in this forum and product use...

i have inherited a wifi network of 4 ap ruckus r310, unfortunately i cant access to any web interface of none of these....

how i can procede to reset and ricreate a network wireless?

do i need to do factory reset of all the ap? after that can i reach web configuration trough Initial configuration  using the APs default SSID, then browsing to https://unleashed.ruckuswireless.com ?

Thanks

8 REPLIES 8

Hi Alessandro,

As of now, you cannot tag management VLAN on Unleashed. This means you have to manage the APs on Untagged VLAN. This is applicable to all the AP models support on Unleashed.

Syamantak Omer
Sr.Staff TSE | CWNA | CCNA | RCWA | RASZA | RICXI
RUCKUS Networks, CommScope!
Follow me on LinkedIn

syamantakomer
Community Admin
Community Admin

Hi Alessandro,

Try to follow below steps.

1. Access the switch where these APs are connected and shut down the switch port for all the APs, except the master AP.
  2. Now factory reset the master AP using CLI or hardware reset button (push and hold for 12 seconds).
  3. Once above is done, shut down the switch port for this AP as well.
  4. Now follow the same for each member APs.
  5. When you factory reset the last AP, do not shut the port and now configure it as a master.
  6. Un-shut the switch ports for the rest 3 APs. These 3 APs should join the master AP automatically.

If you don't have access to the switch or not sure how to shut the ports, you can also just plug out the network cable for these APs than shut them down from the switch side.

Syamantak Omer
Sr.Staff TSE | CWNA | CCNA | RCWA | RASZA | RICXI
RUCKUS Networks, CommScope!
Follow me on LinkedIn

Thank you! 

eizens_putnins
Valued Contributor II

About using different VLAN for AP management  answer is NO and Yes.

No, you can't use tagged VLAN  for management (and actually, believe me, you usually don't want to do it  anyway). It is not supported on Unleashed, and even so it is supported with SZ and ZD controllers, I had just one case when it was really needed, usually you just don't want to use this  because of possible issues.

And Yes, you can do it -- it is not mandatory  for AP management VLAN to be VLAN 1 on switches. It can be any VLAN, as far as it is the same and untagged (native) on all ports, to which you connect APs.

Hope it helps