cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

move unleashed AP to new location w/new master

erin_mcclellen
Contributor
Other than resetting all my APs to factory defaults, is there a procedure for moving them to a new location that already has APs and a master setup?

Explaining the scenario:  Business has two offices, each have their own set of Unleashed APs - totally different config at each location.  They are moving and will be in one office and will be bringing APs from both offices over and all should be part of the same big Unleashed network.  How do I avoid a fight between them?  How do I join the ones from one network to the other without resetting to defaults?
6 REPLIES 6

nat_nat
Contributor II
Pl keep in mind that in Unleashed network "Master AP" is not  going to stay as Master if it gets rebooted. One exception is that if you had configured current Master AP as "Preferred Master" then it can come back up as Master when it joins the same network. 

Having said that the moment you turn off the AP's power it loses its identity being the Master when it it gets moved to a new location. 

Besides, "UP" time of two Master APs are compared and the one with the highest UP time stays as Master. So, the AP that you would be moving would join as a member and gets its configuration from Master AP.

michael_brado
Esteemed Contributor II
I have/use reserved IPs in my network, and assign one as my Unleashed Management IP, and the other addresses statically to my APs.

No matter which AP is acting as the Master AP, Admins can reach the Dashboard/Login page using the Management IP address URL.