cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zero Touch Mesh on Unleashed-- Works sometimes, doesn't other times

brett_spedale
New Contributor II
I have several networks running Unleashed, and I am having trouble getting Zero Touch Mesh to work consistently. I always double check that I enter the serial number correctly, double check that the new AP has the same firmware as the network (just to rule that out), and reset it to factory defaults. I'm having this problem with R500's as well as R710's. They are connecting to T300's and T610's. I'm having the same problem on different firmware versions as well. 

On the Zero Touch Mesh limitations for Zonedirector (http://docs.ruckuswireless.com/zonedirector/10.2/GUID-A79E3D94-7386-4B3E-BFA6-988ED53AA9FD.html) I noticed that it references the PKI certification. When I run "get rpki-cert issuer" on some of the APs it does give me the old cert. 

Does anyone know if the certification issue only applies to Zero Touch Mesh on Zonedirector, or if it also applies to Unleashed? I couldn't find any mention of it in the Unleashed documentation.

If not, is anyone aware of any other considerations for Zero Touch Mesh that are not mentioned in the documentation?

Thanks for any help or direction that you can provide
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

syamantakomer
Community Admin
Community Admin

Hi Pete,

Zero touch mesh feature is similar on ZD and Unleashed, so certificate does matter.

There is a caveat. If AP is upgraded from a standalone firmware to Unleashed, "Zero Touch Mesh" feature will not work until another factory reset is performed after upgrade. This is also documented under 200.6 release nodes where Zero touch mesh feature was introduced [UN-2084].

Regards,

Syamantak Omer

Syamantak Omer
Sr.Staff TSE | CWNA | CCNA | RCWA | RASZA | RICXI
RUCKUS Networks, CommScope!
Follow me on LinkedIn

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

syamantakomer
Community Admin
Community Admin

Hi Pete,

Zero touch mesh feature is similar on ZD and Unleashed, so certificate does matter.

There is a caveat. If AP is upgraded from a standalone firmware to Unleashed, "Zero Touch Mesh" feature will not work until another factory reset is performed after upgrade. This is also documented under 200.6 release nodes where Zero touch mesh feature was introduced [UN-2084].

Regards,

Syamantak Omer

Syamantak Omer
Follow me on LinkedIn

@syamantak_omer Thanks! That helps us out a great deal. It had never occurred to me to try resetting the unit an additional time after the upgrade. I should have carefully checked the release notes, and will do so going forward. 

Hi Pete,

Glad to help you!

Syamantak Omer
Follow me on LinkedIn