cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WPA3-Enterprise not working (R710) but both WPA2-Enterpise and WPA3-Personal (SAE) work great

BobaEnjoyer
New Contributor II

AP:  Ruckus R710
Unleashed:  200.13.6.1.319 200.14.6.1.179

Client devices tested:

Google Pixel 7 Pro phone on Android 13
This is the latest Pixel phone released in late 2022 with the latest version of Android.

When Unleashed WLAN is set to:
* WPA3-Enterprise:  fails to add network profile on phone
* WPA2/3-Enterprise:  partial success.  Phone shows "WPA3-Enterprise" but Unleashed shows "WPA2" and "EAP"
* WPA3-Personal:  success

Google Pixel 2 phone on Android 11
This is an older 2017 phone.

* WPA3-Enterprise:  fails to add network profile on phone
* WPA2/3-Enterprise:  success.  Phone shows "WPA2/WPA3-Enterprise" and Unleashed shows "WPA2" and "EAP"

Dell laptop with Intel AX210 on Windows 10 Pro 22H2
I've verified from searches that this version of Windows 10 supports WPA3-Enterprise.  The Intel AX210 (WiFi 6E) adapter supports WPA3-Enterprise as well.

* WPA3-Enterprise:  success!  Shows as WPA3-Enterprise in Windows, and Unleashed shows "WPA3" and "EAP."  Edit:  The throughput is abysmally slow.  Like 1 Mbps down / 0.5 Mbps up instead of 200 Mbps down / 20 Mbps up.  I've since reverted to WPA2-Enterprise.  This could be an Intel AX210 driver problem or a Windows 10 22H2 problem or a Ruckus Unleashed problem.
* WPA2/3-Enterprise:  partial success.  I'm able to create a WPA2-Enterprise profile in Windows and connect to it.  Windows shows "WPA2-Enterprise," and Unleashed also shows "WPA2" and "FT"

Edited to add:  I'm using an external RADIUS server for authentication, not the local database.

Edit 2:  It turns out that WPA2/WPA3 Enterprise Transition Mode (aka "Mixed Mode") is what's giving the most problems.  I created two separate SSIDs to work around this:  one SSID for WPA3-Enterprise only and another SSID for WPA2-Enterprise only.

Issues remaining:
1.  WPA2/WPA3 Enterprise Mixed or Transition Mode is a bit fuzzy

1 REPLY 1