cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unstable connection with Unleashed 200.9.10.4.243

lenno_nagel
New Contributor II

Hi,

Following the FragAttacks announcement I have upgraded my R550 AP to 200.9.10.4.243 only to find subtle connection stability issues between the AP and a Linux ThinkPad T480s with a Intel 8265 wireless chipset. The symptom is that any tcp/udp/icmp package transmission just stops after 1-2 hours of usage. After reverting to 200.9.10.4.233 everything is rock solid once again with connection not breaking at all for days at a time. I have tried WPA2-only and WPA3-only modes both with both firmwares and the results are the same (233 is stable, 243 causes dropouts).

Any ideas where to look next or what might be causing this?

Regards,

Lenno

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

syamantakomer
Community Admin
Community Admin

Hi Lenno,

Problem may or may not be due to FragAttacks fix.

Also, you can upgrade to 200.10.10.5.229, same has been released on support portal.

Again, not all the vulnerabilities under FragAttacks can be fixed by just upgrading APs, you also have to upgrade the UE card drivers.

Syamantak Omer
Sr.Staff TSE | CWNA | CCNA | RCWA | RASZA | RICXI
RUCKUS Networks, CommScope!
Follow me on LinkedIn

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

Thank you for the insight regarding the security and connection quality requirements. This makes a lot of sense.

I will test WPA2 vs WPA3 now on 200.10.10.5.229 firmware.

syamantakomer
Community Admin
Community Admin

Hi Lenno,

Problem may or may not be due to FragAttacks fix.

Also, you can upgrade to 200.10.10.5.229, same has been released on support portal.

Again, not all the vulnerabilities under FragAttacks can be fixed by just upgrading APs, you also have to upgrade the UE card drivers.

Syamantak Omer
Follow me on LinkedIn

Oh, thanks for this remark regarding 200.10! I've been waiting a long time for this news also and now upgraded to 200.10.10.5.229 last evening.

I ran iperf on the device for 12 hours during the night - not a single disconnect or any other issue. But of course the network/device itself had no other usage. I will test this throughout the day as well.

I was wondering whether 200.10.10.5.229 actually includes the FragAttacks mitigations?

It has the fix!

Syamantak Omer
Follow me on LinkedIn