cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unleashed management vLan

nir_lazar
New Contributor II

Hallo All,

I'm managing 9 vlans environment. each vlan represents wLan and all works like a charm.

only issue is when i'm trying to access IT wLan on a management vLan (management vLan lists all network appliances e.i. AP’s, Firewall, switches Etc), i cant get a DHCP lease. and i know why. its because i gave the master AP an IP address (on the management segment vLan) on the default unleashed vLan.

on all switches i could change management vLan and on unleashed i cant find how to change the management vLan.

when i'm trying to change the management vLan i get a message i cant change the IP address for its the same subnet as defined on the master’s IP add.

please help.

Nir

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

syamantakomer
Community Admin
Community Admin

Hello All,

Management VLAN support was added to 200.13 version.

Please refer the 200.13 what's new guide

Syamantak Omer
Sr.Staff TSE | CWNA | CCNA | RCWA | RASZA | RICXI
RUCKUS Networks, CommScope!
Follow me on LinkedIn

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13

nir_lazar
New Contributor II

lets say i want to set the management vLan on any other manageable switch, changing the management vLan so i could manage the switch on the designated vLan, im giving an IP address on the management segment. when i connect to a port on the management vLan ill receive  an IP address to the management vLan so i could manage the switch on the management segment. 

same thing i want to do on the unleashed Master AP. manage it on the management vLan. and not on its default vLan.

as explained, i have access to all wlans on their vLans. just not the management wlan and vLan. i cant get IP add.

Ok, so what I think you’re saying is that you’re trying to change the management VLAN for the network but you’re not changing the subnet? Hence the error message?

Maybe you could list the IPs that you’re trying to use so I can be sure I’ve gotten it right. That is, the subnet for your existing management VLAN, the IP being used for your AP and the management IP you’re trying to assign. 

nir_lazar
New Contributor II

i have vlans

192.168.2.0 vlan 2

192.168.3.0 vlan 3

192.168.4.0 vlan 4

192.168.5.0 vlan 5

192.168.6.0 vlan 6

192.168.7.0 vln 7 (management)

192.168.8.0 vlan 8

192.168.9.0 vlan 9

i gave the master AP an IP on the management vlan 192.168.7.1 on its default vLan

F815FCF5-2F10-4E94-97E3-C9E936C1A7D7.jpeg

i think, that in order to change the management vLan i have to use this tab

D5A068B0-1082-4BA6-9D7A-EC13D911D108.jpeg

 thing is, when I'm trying to change the management vlan

DA2D95EE-462E-44C4-B4DB-F859DAC10FF7.png

i'm receiving this error message

nir_lazar
New Contributor II

3154A71D-14D0-4142-8BD5-971FE3E94DF6.jpeg

Yes, your management IP cannot be the same as the AP’s IP. The management IP is a virtual IP that will be owned by whichever AP is the current master of the Unleashed network. That way if the current master is rebooted or loses power, another AP in the network will claim the IP and take over as the master and you can continue to administrate the network using the same address. If you set the management IP to 192.168.7.2 you’ll find this works fine. 

On my network I have the AP’s IP set as 192.168.0.3 and the management IP as 192.168.0.2, for example. When I add another AP I’ll give it the IP of 192.168.0.4.