cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unleashed R710s suspending Intermec hand held mobile computers

bob_brennan_697
New Contributor II
We have a dozen R710s running as an  Unleashed Network in a factory and warehouse.  There are 3 SSIDs on this.  One for corporate people, one for guests and the last for the RF barcode scanner users in the factory.  These bar code uses run a telnet session on Honeywell CK75 mobile computers.

The devices connect to the Georgia Softworks Telnet Server running on Windows.

There are about a dozen bar code users.  They connect and run fine for a while and then the session gets suspended in terms of the telnet connection.  This causes everything to stop until the user generates more activity to jump start the process forward again.

The devices are set no to hibernate.  They do cause the screen to blank after 5 minutes but the radio stays connected to maintain the telnet session.

The specific SSID has the inactivity timeout set to 500 minutes.  That was the default 10 minutes last week.  I changed it over the weekend but it does not appear to have fixed anything.  I assume these settings are dynamic and do not require a restart.

As of this morning, the users of the mobile computers keep having their sessions get suspended.  Are their other settings for the SSID that might impact what I see?

Regards,

Bob Brennan
IMS, Inc.
3 REPLIES 3