cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to Enable ChannelFly on 2.4GHz Radio

Crocodino
New Contributor II

I've got an R720 running 200.13.6.1.319 and I am looking to enable Channelfly on my 2.4GHz radio. I enable ChannelFly in the GUI and save, when I refresh the auto channel assignment is completely disabled for the 2.4GHz radio. When I run the 'channelfly radio-2.4-mtbc 100' command in the CLI, the command executes successfully but then when I run a show command the auto channel management for the 2.4GHz radio is disabled entirely. Is this a bug in the firmware or is this expected behavior?

9 REPLIES 9

aalvarez6
RUCKUS Team Member

Hello Crocodino, 

Thank you for using the forum. 

What's the firmware version the AP is running? Also, can you please share an image of the error message you get when you try to enable the feature from the GUI?

Best Regards,

Ayleth Alvarez | Sr Technical Support Engineer | TAC Wired 

dennypage
New Contributor II

There is no error message. If you select ChannelFly for the 2.5Ghz channels and then click Apply, it briefly shows green "Processing" and appears to work.

Screenshot after hitting Apply:

Screenshot 2023-04-20 at 08.17.44.png

If you then click away from the tab by selecting any other tab and then click back, what you will see is that the selection has been set back to "Background Scanning" and the "Automatically adjust 2.4GHz channels" checkbox has been deselected.

Screenshot after clicking away and clicking back:

Screenshot 2023-04-20 at 08.17.53.png

 This occurs both in 200.13 and 200.14.

Hi @dennypage 

I have a setup on 200.14. When I go to Admin & Services >> Services >> Radio Control >> Self Healing >> Change the "Automatically adjust 2.4GHz channels using" to "Channel Fly, I see the same behavior which you mention. But When I refresh the screen, I can see the correct settings.

After the settings is applied:

sanjay_kumar_2-1682045831353.png

After refreshing the screen:

sanjay_kumar_4-1682046114026.png

Also, from the CLI, I can see that the Background is disabled and Channelfly is enabled for 2.4 GHz as per the GUI settings. Can you also verify the same?

sanjay_kumar_3-1682045907619.png

@sanjay_kumar wrote:

I have a setup on 200.14. When I go to Admin & Services >> Services >> Radio Control >> Self Healing >> Change the "Automatically adjust 2.4GHz channels using" to "Channel Fly, I see the same behavior which you mention. But When I refresh the screen, I can see the correct settings.

Yes, I see the same behavior. It would appear that it is a simple UI rendering defect rather than something more deep.