cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speedflex between APs below 500 Mbit/s on a gigabit switch

beni_mahler
New Contributor III

I have a customer who measures between 400 and 500 Mbit/s between his APs which are on a multi-gigabit switch. I have seen similar values in a completely different setup in our office. The Wifi speeds are between 600 and 1300 Mbit/s depending on the client and they are fine so far.

Does anyone have an idea why the speedflex between the APs is so slow? I would expect between 800 and 950 Mbit/s.

5 REPLIES 5

Bearing this in mind, we understand the result of the test is given by the quality of the wired link.
My suggestions is to asnwer questions like:
What is the maximum throughout on the wired link?
Is this maximum achieved? If not, may there be errors on the links or a damanged cable? Is there any configuration in the switches restricting the data rate? Looking at the statistics of the ethernet port on the switch can help us learn about queued/dropped packets, QoS settings and other configurations that could be preventing from getting the maximum expected datarate in the port.
Anyways, all this point to the wired network and it's not related to the AP.
Do you still suspect the APs have got a problem? Make some iperf tests with 2 PCS connected in the same ports instead of the APs, and let me know the results of that test.

With regards,
--
Orlando Elias
Technical Support