cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speedflex between APs below 500 Mbit/s on a gigabit switch

beni_mahler
New Contributor III

I have a customer who measures between 400 and 500 Mbit/s between his APs which are on a multi-gigabit switch. I have seen similar values in a completely different setup in our office. The Wifi speeds are between 600 and 1300 Mbit/s depending on the client and they are fine so far.

Does anyone have an idea why the speedflex between the APs is so slow? I would expect between 800 and 950 Mbit/s.

5 REPLIES 5

Orlando_Elias
RUCKUS Team Member

Hello! When you say 'speedflex between APs in multigigabit switch' it makes me think you refer to a test in the wired connection. Or are you referring to the wireless data rate for the clients?

With regards,
--
Orlando Elias
Technical Support

beni_mahler
New Contributor III

Dear Orlando,

Thank you for your reply. I am referring to this view 

beni_mahler_0-1683573360721.png

It is clearly a speed test between APs and it must be the wired connection because I get the same results for APs that are clearly too far away to see each other over the air.

Thanks for clarifying.
I would not think this behavior can be explained by the APs, as this measures the performance through the wired network. I would first check if the evidence in the switches is congruent with the results seen on the APs.

With regards,
--
Orlando Elias
Technical Support

I don't understand what you mean 'check if the evidence in the switches is congruent with the results seen on the APs'

- shall I check the LAN Port speed negotiated on the switch?

- shall I mirror the switch port of an AP to another port and capture packets and then evaulate the throughput with wireshark

?