cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STAND ALONE A UNLEASHED MODE

salvador_s_nche
New Contributor III

Good afternoon, ruckus community, I am glad to greet you,

I have a specific question about changing the firmware from an ap that is in stand alone mode to unleashed, I understand that this is possible, but it must see advantages and disadvantages when do it or manage multiple Ap's in unleashed mode, my question is if I change the firmware from 6 ap from standalone mode to unleashed I have to also buy the 806-RUNL-1U00 bracket.

But if I buy that support and my factory aps come as 901-r510-ww00 I have no issue for the support administration of them?

5 REPLIES 5

Hi John,

Apologies for the delay in responding but I've been on holiday.

It's not an issue to get your ZF7982 APs operating in 'standalone' mode. However you will need to upload the standalone software to them manually. 

It sounds like you've done a factory reset but they will still have the ZoneDirector firmware on them, which (as you've found out) can't be configured locally to the AP.

In order to download the Standalone firmware, you will need an active support contract with Ruckus, then visit here: https://support.ruckuswireless.com/software/1017-zoneflex-solo-access-point-104-0-0-0-1347-ga-softwa...

I hope that helps!

Best,
Darrel.