cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ruckus speedflex testing AP- 859Mbps download 70mbps upload

bdillard
Contributor II

Hello,

I'm getting fast downloads but slow uploads.   I connect a PC to the same port that the access point is on and I get great speed in both directions.   When I connect the AP and connect my m1 mac to the access point I get slow upload speeds.  I'm connected to an R750  200.13.6.1.319

I'm connecting using speedflex and pinging the IP of the AP I'm connected to.

6 REPLIES 6

I'm happy to give Ruckus my money as the client isn't fully functional but they are having a hard time figuring out how to bill me since I don't have a contract.

If anyone has any further suggestions please let me know your experience on getting ruckus to run quicker.  When I'm connected directly to the port without the ruckus I'll get nearly perfect 900mbp by 900mbp but when going through the ruckus even with just one computer on that port I get wildly varying speeds on the internet.  I'm not going to rely on Speedflex as it turns out it was maxing out at 100mbit upload on every device but we'd often get 300 or so mbp upload when going to speedtest.

I went in this morning at 6AM and turned off all the APs I was the only thin on the network and speeds were still miserable but when I connected to that same port with the same wire I was getting near perfect speed.

We've tested with a new Intel Wifi 6 with the latest drivers, an old broadcom, 2 android phones 2 new iphones, 2 M2 macs and 2 m1 macs and they all seem to have a similar expience.   

CRSR
New Contributor III

Verify you are actually connecting to the closest access point when testing. If your client is connecting to an AP further away than it should, you will need to tweak the BSS minrate through the CLI (set it to 12 or 24).  There's another setting called smart-roam but that one did very little, if anything, for my environment.

Unfortunately, the entire ax supported series of Ruckus access points have been nothing but headaches for me.  I've had a case open coming up on 4 months now regarding extremely poor performance with the latest firmware on the newer and older models.  What Im experiencing is a single client using a single connection will only be able to reach maybe 400Mbs maximum.  If you push 4 connections at once, that rate will peak to 600Mbs-800Mbs maximum.  And even worse, add another client to the mix and that client will only be able reach 1/3 of these speeds.  The last response from support is "Since our lab environment/spectrum is crowded with multiple APs and clients for testing, the speed on the wireless clients seems to be expected" meaning they can't even replicate this or be bothered to do proper performance testing because their lab setup is flawed and not isolated.  Unbelievable.