cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ruckus speedflex testing AP- 859Mbps download 70mbps upload

bdillard
Contributor II

Hello,

I'm getting fast downloads but slow uploads.   I connect a PC to the same port that the access point is on and I get great speed in both directions.   When I connect the AP and connect my m1 mac to the access point I get slow upload speeds.  I'm connected to an R750  200.13.6.1.319

I'm connecting using speedflex and pinging the IP of the AP I'm connected to.

6 REPLIES 6

Parik_MN
RUCKUS Team Member

Hello @bdillard

We recommend using iPerf (Official Tool) to perform throughput test against SpeedFlex for accurate results.

If client is negotiating 11AC data rates, MU-MIMO technology works only on downward direction, hence the difference. If client is 11AX capable, it can utilize MU-MIMO technology in both directions.

Regards,

Parik

Thanks - I appreciatge the response.    I'm not sure what that means.   Should I call Ruckus?

I can tell you they are connected with a wifi 6 icon showing in the web interface for the Ruckus.   They have an M1 Mac so it is about 1.5 years old.

https://support.apple.com/guide/deployment/macbook-pro-wi-fi-specification-details-dep2ac3e3b51/web

Parik_MN
RUCKUS Team Member

Hello @bdillard

Yes please, you can contact Support and open a ticket for further investigation.

Regards,

Parik

Thanks!  Sorry for the newb question but do I register the APs and get free support or do you pay for any support even if you just got the APs?  I just tried to register a case and was told "you do not have an active support contract "