cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ruckus Unleashed Blocking policy

smuglar
New Contributor III

Good day

I am trying to limit all Android and iOS devices(Basically phones) from accessing the network via our R510 APs. I would also want to block usage and access of certain social apps and so far this is not working. The I have created rules as seen on the pictures on the post. The phones will gain access regardless of the rules I have set. Access to social media domains also does not work as you can see the usage pie chart on the pictures. I even used system defined rules and still nothing works when it comes to denying services to these apps and domain.

I would honestly like help with this issue, I have been manually blocking phones even thought the facility is there to monitor which devices have access to the network and block those defined. Maybe I am doing it all wrong so if anyone can help I would really grateful.

Thank you 

Application denial rule Orapa.pngAppUsage Ruckus Orapa.pngPhones denial Orapa.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Very straightforward. Just edit the Wi-if network, click ‘advanced options’ and click the Access Controls tab. You’ll find everything there. 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

smuglar
New Contributor III

Hi guys, just an update here... This morning I ran a firmware update and it seems they have fixed the issue with getting the wrong OS on the device. It was identifying a few Windows laptops as iOS devices. So after the upgrade the issue seems to be resolved.