cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Radius server unreachable

romi_tomas
New Contributor
Hi ,

We have in the VSZ-H created two WLAN for two different location(we use T300). The WLAN are open and configurated with Captive portal .Everything works perfectly with the Captive portal. The issue is almost every day in the events of the AP's there is a error of Radius server unreachable. We had some complains of the customers that they can not connect to the wifi because the splash page of the captive portal is not loading or take 5 minutes.

I want to ask you know what could be the issue that the AP can cont connect to the radius server. This issue happen sometimes, at random time .

The radius server is hosted by the Amazon web services.

2017/05/03 14:00:55
Radius server unreachable
Major

2017/05/03 14:00:55
Radius server reachable
Informational

Thanks in advance !

Best regards,
2 REPLIES 2

martin_martin
Valued Contributor
Romi,
I don't understand what we can do about this.

The vSZ is reporting it cannot access the Radius server, so I suggest you contact your radius server, provider. and verify also the network part in between the vSZ and the Radius server.

Kind regards
Martin

charles_sprick1
New Contributor III
This is a good question - lots of guest login solutions rely on external auth via radius.  And we can't always assume that whoever provides the radius service is going to be up 100% of the time. On the Meraki radios, there's an "emergency" backup where you can opt to let any user in for a one-hour session.  This is a great feature that cleanly addresses real-world problems.  And Meraki also lets anyone and their brother view docs without a login so here you go: https://documentation.meraki.com/MR/Splash_Page/RADIUS_Failover_and_Retry_Details#Failover_Policy