cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

R500 slow troughput, high latency, high packet loss

kari_hyv_nen
New Contributor III

Hi! 
Today I upgraded our Ruckus R500 Wireless access points from web interface button to the latest (200.5.10.0.235software. After that the internal network speed is very slow. We practically cannot download anything from our file server or have skype calls or anything.

While connected to internal wlan, I get these kind of ping statistics for our access points

Ping statistics for 192.168.xxx.xxx: 
Packets: Sent = 150, Received = 138, Lost = 12 (8% loss), 
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds: 
Minimum = 2ms, Maximum = 1166ms, Average = 804ms

It does not seem to matter, to which access point I'm connected to. Signal strength is excellent (I'm less that 10ft away from the AP), the network speed is reported between 500-1000Mbps.

However, if I connect to our Guest WLAN, I get decent speeds and can ping outside network addresses with low latencies. Problem started after the upgrade. I have rebooted all the access points, but that didnt make a difference.

I'm new to Ruckus Wireless products, is there anything else I need to do after an upgrade? I have no idea where to start troubleshooting. I've opened a support ticket, but I hope that I could get some help here more quickly.
26 REPLIES 26

200.5.10.0.235 seems to be problem. All the versions that I tested before it worked.

Also, the latest firmware 200.5.10.0.283 does not seem to be working.

kari_hyv_nen
New Contributor III
Did a little more digging today, when I finally had some time. Turns out I have to have all the encryption options checked to make network traffic go as normal. Before upgrading to 200.5.10.0.235 I only had strongest encryption selected and network worked just fine. So it's not just "no encryption" option.

li_zijie
New Contributor III
I've changed ruckus to other products, and the testing experience is so bad that it may be different from the country. A casual environment facing China may be much more complex than the official ruckus test environment.

kari_hyv_nen_gl
New Contributor
Just got private fix 200.5.10.0.293. That seems to fix the issue.