cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

R500 - Whats missing on my setup? Unleashed second AP Cannot contact Ruckus Cloud Service. Please contact administrator.

ajmal_rafique
New Contributor II
I have a master AP setup but cannot get any more APs to join, at the initial config the only options are to Create a New Unleashed Network , which I don't want as I have one or to Join Ruckus Cloud as a Cloud managed AP
Both units are on the same firmware 200.1.9.12.62
Mesh is enabled on the Master unit
9 REPLIES 9

monnat_systems
Valued Contributor II
Guys.

I have tried this many times while trying to setup Unleashed network and Never setup on wifi, all on local site. No remote, no mesh involved.
My technique got little extra steps hence few more minutes however it has always worked for me. No problems seen as suggested here though my setup may not be 100% similar
Note: Pls keep standalone firmware version handy.
DHCP and routing is done by firewall or someother external device.

My way:

My master AP or first AP is configured on Unleashed firmware. Once ready, connected to network. Able to connect on LAN correctly. Once satisfied, i move to setup my slave AP'
Once i have logged into slave AP via unleashed firmware, i upgrade it to standalone firmware, post upgrade, i simply enter IP, Subnet mask, GW and DNS etc.. once applied. I upgrade it back to unleashed software. Once upgraded. no more changes, simply connect back to LAN. You are done. Just do basic chk on the LAN.

In few minutes time line, you will find the slave AP's joining the master..

this has always worked for me..

Let me know how it worked for you..

so on the initial setup on the slave chose the create a new unleashed network? then change settings?
Thanks

I agree with Monnat, start with one Unleashed AP and get it working on your network in Master AP mode.

But... you should be able to simply factory default all subsequent Unleashed APs (on any previous/current version)
and they should pull DHCP, and be automatically recognized, upgraded if needed, and configured. 

FD *should* be all that's needed, over flash code to Solo and back to Unleashed...!

Fab - thanks Monnat - downgrade to standalone, set static info and go back to unleashed firmware worked! Now onto getting guest wifi working.....

Ajmal
pleased to know that my unusual technique helped and thanks for letting us know
Best of luck..