cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

R320, showing recover.me after deployment.

tommy_yap
New Contributor

I configure 3x R320 individually via LAN onto my PC and set a static IP on each. After I deploy and plug into the office network the CTL is blinking meaning unable to find host. The SSID shown is recover.me-XXXX, i tried connecting to it but prompt me password. I tried entering the password I set previously but fail, i tried enter serial number also failed. 

I read a support mentioned about the 16-digit passpharse, how do i find this passpharse? The last resort is to reset it and do it again but i am afraid this might happen again.

3 REPLIES 3

syamantakomer
Community Admin
Community Admin

Hi Tommy,

I configure 3x R320 individually via LAN onto my PC and set a static IP on each.

Did you configure them all one after another using web GUI? If yes, it was not required. All you need to do is, configure just one AP and complete the setup wizard (this AP will become master). For other two APs, just SSH into them and configure the IP from CLI.

set ipaddr wan xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx yyy.yyy.yyy.yyy zzz.zzz.zzz.zzz

Where, x=IP, y= subnet mask, z= gateway IP.

Once this is done, connect first AP to the network, and after few minutes connect other 2 APs (this will become member and will get auto FW upgrade/config from the master AP)

If you see recover.me SSID, this means AP is unable to reach it's gateway.

I suggest you to check if static IPs are configured correctly with correct subnet and gateway.

Please find the APs serial number and use it to connect to recover.me SSID.

Syamantak Omer
Sr.Staff TSE | CWNA | CCNA | RCWA | RASZA | RICXI
RUCKUS Networks, CommScope!
Follow me on LinkedIn

Hi Thanks for your reply. Pardon for my junior knowledge, I am trying to do this setup not sure if it is possible Currently i have 3x R320 working with 1 master and i want to add on 3 more R320 but on a different subnet and SSID. there will be communication between these 2. See below example:

Hi Tommy,

APs have to be on the same subnet!

You can use the SSIDs on different VLANs but APs must be in same subnet and on native/Untagged VLAN (Assuming APs are connected to trunk port and you want to tag VLANs for different SSIDs).

Syamantak Omer
Sr.Staff TSE | CWNA | CCNA | RCWA | RASZA | RICXI
RUCKUS Networks, CommScope!
Follow me on LinkedIn