cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with Hunter Irrigation Disconnecting From WiFi

mike_clark_7652
New Contributor II

We have a site with a Hunter sprinkler controller that wont stay connected for more than a few hours. The device itself says its still connected to WiFi but running a DNS test or checking on the Unleashed client tab the device is not connected. I have even tried creating an SSID with no authentication and only 2.4ghz and it still wont stay connected. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks.

From the logs. f8:f0:05:67:bd:f1 is the device MAC.

Nov  6 00:12:47 AP MCloset syslog: eventd_to_syslog():User[f8:f0:05:67:bd:f1] with VLAN[1] rejoins WLAN[Mister_Oscar_Print] from AP[AP Outdoor@84:23:88:08:5a:e0]

Nov  6 00:12:51 AP MCloset ZD-APMgr: IPC_thread rcv ping from TACMON

Nov  6 00:13:06 AP MCloset syslog: eventd_to_syslog():User[f8:f0:05:67:bd:f1] with VLAN[1] rejoins WLAN[Mister_Oscar_Print] from AP[AP Outdoor@84:23:88:08:5a:e0]

Nov  6 01:31:46 AP MCloset syslog: eventd_to_syslog():User[f8:f0:05:67:bd:f1] leave WLAN[Mister_Oscar_Print] at AP[AP Outdoor@84:23:88:08:5a:e0] with Session Time[4745.25 sec] RX Bytes[20366] TX Bytes[6006514]

3 REPLIES 3

bhusan_gupta
New Contributor III

Are your Unleashed AP(s) using mesh or are they hardwired or mixed? If they are using mesh then I think that there is an issue with devices associating but not getting a DHCP address. Ruckus seems to be doing some filtering on the mesh APs that prevents some broadcast packets from reaching the client (like broadcast DHCP replies). 

mike_clark_7652
New Contributor II

Not using mesh. This is the only device that seems to be having an issue. Weird thing is the Hunter device says its connected to WiFi until you try and connect to AWS and it fails. Any other things that can be tried as far as debugging goes?

syamantakomer
Community Admin
Community Admin

Hi Mike,

A packet capture will help here to understand what is going on.

Try to collect an OTA (radio) capture using Macbook sniffer or you can also use wireshark to stream packets directly from AP to the wireshark.

Syamantak Omer
Sr.Staff TSE | CWNA | CCNA | RCWA | RASZA | RICXI
RUCKUS Networks, CommScope!
Follow me on LinkedIn