cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Manual DNS Server settings not working

sdinet
New Contributor

Hi, I can't get my wireless clients to Automatically connect to the DNS server specified in server settings.  I have manually set the DNS Server as 208.67.222.123, and it shows that IP address in the Internet Summary.  But all my wifi clients continue to connect to 192.168.1.254 (my gateway address) instead.  Any help would be greatly appreciated, as I am attempting to setup a Family Safe DNS for our home.  Thanks!

Untitled1.png

Untitled.png

Untitled2.png

5 REPLIES 5

vijaykuniyal
RUCKUS Team Member

Hi @sdinet,

Let us know the unleashed version and, please verify if the clients are getting IP assigned from the Access Point, you will find the details in DHCP assigned address tab.

vijaykuniyal_0-1671475690713.png

Vijay Kuniyal

Staff Technical Support Engineer

CCNA RnS | CCNA Wireless | CWNA | RASZA | Meraki CMNO | RACPA

sdinet
New Contributor

Ruckus Unleashed Current firmware version:  200.12.10.105.129

The clients are getting IP assigned from the Access Point

Untitled.png

vijaykuniyal
RUCKUS Team Member

Hi @sdinet,

I tried to test the behavior in my Lab and I was able to see the clients are getting correct DNS address while receiving IP address.

Later on I clearly looked into DHCP server setting screenshot provided by you earlier, the dns server IPs are greyed out, which means they are just blank and only mirroring the setting from the gateway, which you can find out once you click on the DNS server box and type the value, the text changes to Black as shown below.

vijaykuniyal_2-1671562261926.png

You can make the necessary update on the Primary/Secondary DNS server box and the clients will get correct DNS and this will fix your issue.

vijaykuniyal_3-1671562468069.png

Vijay Kuniyal

Staff Technical Support Engineer

CCNA RnS | CCNA Wireless | CWNA | RASZA | Meraki CMNO | RACPA

Hi,

I have the same exact issue as sdinet. Except, on the DHCP assigned address tab, it is blank for me. Any suggestions? I also want to assign a manual DNS, but clients keep using the default gateway values.