cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I do this

richard_swallow
New Contributor III
I have a R310 running the wireless in the house. It's connected to a switch via ethernet - about 2m long. Also connected to that switch is a 7363 - I'm using the PoE port. The cable is about 20m long.

I'm doing something wrong, but I don't know what. The power light does not come on the 7363. I no longer have a ZD to control it, assuming I could use the R310 as its controller.

As I say, the 7363 is 20m away from the R310 as my goal is to boost the wifi to the back of the house - between the two AP's are a lot of walls and metal. 

Please could ppl advise me on what I need to do to achieve my goal

Thank you.
22 REPLIES 22

So you probably have a problem with the 20m cable powering the 7363. Can you try replacing it?

Nothing wrong with the cable - I think it's me!

PoE is new to me and so I think I may have it setup wrong. To power up the 7363 I had simpley run a cable from the switch to the device. I assumed this would provide power --  correct or not?

Well it didn't (if it was supposed to), so i used a PoE injectore. I've plugged this into power and have a cable from that to the 7363 - boom! This is now transmitting 2.4G. 
Is this what I was supposed to do in the first place?

I can see the new 'wireless1' network on my iPhone from the 7363, but cannot connect to it. 

The Unleased GUI only shows 1 network - instead of two. The GUI also just shows the one AP - it should show both 7363 and the 310.

So, if I've done the correct things so far, how do I connect to the 7363 please. I was hoping to do this via the 310 controller. 

What Poe switch do you have?

Is the R310 using Unleashed? If so, the 7363 needs to have Unleashed firmware installed. I’m not sure there is a compatible firmware for the 7363 as it is an older access point. Does “Wireless 1” have a password? You can try to factory resetting it by pressing the small pin hole “reset” for 10 seconds.

R310 is using Unleashed, yes. Not sure if Wireless1 has a password. How do I figure that out as I can't reach it.  I did the 10sec thing - now what?

I did some reading and I can't find a way to upgrade the firmware of the 7636 to Unleashed. So, if this is the main issue, then I'm stuffed, I guess. 

monnat_systems
Valued Contributor II
hello,

first thing first...
ZF7363 cannot be converted into unleashed mode.
R310 does not have mesh function.
with both AP's hooked through wire from a switch, you need to configure both AP's seperately..