cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do we have R700 unleashed?

kueanpet_teeton
New Contributor
I would like to ask about R700 unleashed firmware that I don't see in download list, Anyone please share? or we can use other model instead?
15 REPLIES 15

DarrelRhodes
Valued Contributor

ZoneDirectors did ship with a quantity of built-in AP licenses. E.g the ZD3050 was a 3000 series appliance, with 50x built in licenses. The ZD1205 is likely to be the best fit for your requirements. 

Hi Piet,

Yes, you can use ZD1100 with R700 APs.

Refer the ZD1100 9.10 release notes for more info (under supported APs).

https://support.ruckuswireless.com/documents/3564-zonedirector-9-10-2-mr2-refresh10-release-notes/do...

But, you cannot use without AP licenses. I think default license on ZD1100 is 5 APs. If you have more than 5, you must purchase additional AP licenses.

Syamantak Omer
Sr.Staff TSE | CWNA | CCNA | RCWA | RASZA | RICXI
RUCKUS Networks, CommScope!
Follow me on LinkedIn

Piet
New Contributor III

How about a ZD 1200 that is suspected to have some licenses. Can I do a factory reset to get control of the ZD 1200 without losing the licenses? Ubiquiti is screwing me with my Ubiquiti access points, they won't allow their software to configure devices that are no longer supported. Shorting the bastards!

Piet Delaney

mark_davis_qqf9
New Contributor III
I am also an owner of an R700.

I'm very disappointed to hear that the R700 is not supporting unleashed yet - please add this.

I am looking to buy some new APs, but I am concerned about the way Ruckus has abandoned its R700 user base like this.

It is especially surprising to see the R500 and R600 units supporting unleashed while they were the lower end products - I paid over $1000 for my R700 and I expect better long term support from Ruckus.

Thanks, -mark

Mark,

The R700 was the first 802.11ac AP and due to its chipset age, Unleashed is not able to run on this platform. The newer R500 & R600 APs, whilst still 802.11ac grade Wi-Fi, have newer internal components that allow for the running of early versions of Unleashed. 
I would recommend looking for a ZoneDirector or newer APs if you require centrally managed functionality.