cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connectivity issue with Laserjet MFP M283fdw

fredrik_kenmo
New Contributor II
Hi All, same install I have been referring to lately with the r550 challenges. I have got it somewhat stable now and will try updated firmware as it becomes available (200.10 next). However, I have a new Laserjet connected to the r550 unleashed network. It works, but after a while the connection drops - it isn't discovered for Airprint and WebUI inaccessible. Realized today, that if I use the troubleshooting function and force a reconnect service is restored. 
Below is the exchange I see in instances when the printer is unreachable, after I let this run access to the printer is restored. Noticed that the printer is sporting a N-radio, but with limited means of configuration apart from selecting 2,4Ghz, 5 or both. 

Any ideas as to what might be going on, or things to try?!
Image_ images_messages_605a5a93f92de007bb145f1f_cf4fb9817639dec34f616a0e2156df63_wifiexchange-624579d0-525e-41da-98d4-765376ff5cc9-586213517.png

17 REPLIES 17

seth_fields
New Contributor

I have had a similar issue as well.  In my case, the printer would sporadically connect and then become unavailable.  The client said that the printer would also just spontaneously connect and begin spitting out print jobs in the middle of the night.

sunny_gupta
Contributor II

Its possible this has to do with the printer going to 'sleep' and then missing re-auth packets.  As soon as the device 'wakes up' the connectivity is restored.

There is not much you can do from the network side, as this generally a function of the driver in the printer.  See if you are able to disable sleep/standby and if that helps.  And then contact HP support to get updated drivers for the printer itself, i.e. firmware update.

@sunny_gupta I figured that might be the case, tried to increase the sleep time on the printer. To analyze the logs, I would go to the AP that held the connection, correct? What are events to look for in a situation like this? Simply parse the log for any entry pertaining to the printer's MAC-address?

Unfortunately if you disable or delay the sleep and the problem persists there isn't much you can do as the device doesn't have the ability to notify the network when its asleep and so may miss traffic destined to it when in this state.

You may want to also consider plugging it in...  other than that, I would expect if you touch the printer panel to wake it up it comes back online.

Hi Sunny, I seem to have the disconnect issue more under control now. Funnily enough Airprint issues has escalated to a point where I haven't been able to get iOS devices to find the printer at all. Is there a functionality to capture packets on the AP to make sure client probes (Airprint) reach the printer - the client attempting to print can reach the WebUI of the printer.