cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configure and update R510 ruckus "you will be now redirected to our registration page"

bdillard
Contributor II

Capture.JPGHello,

I have a group of 4 R510's they've been working great for about 4 years.   About a year ago I did an upgrade.   For the past week they've been having performance issues so I  thought I'd start from scratch.  I asked them to reset them with the paperclip.   I wanted to go straight to the upgrade but that area is greyed out.  I did notice that when it came on it mentioned registering them.   

It says ruckus "you will be now redirected to our registration page"  with a continue - nothing happens when I hit continue.  I've disabled the pop up blocker for the APs addresses - still no luck.   Tried in Chrome and Edge (no I don't have anything with IE any more).   Is there a website I can manually type in or can I force the firmware?

Capture1.JPG

You can click the OK but other than days turning to nights, nothing happens - tried several browsers, different computers.

You can try skip - and you'll get

Capture2.JPG

Let me register doesn't let you register.

If you do clip skip and go to this you can't click on anything

Capture3.JPG

If Ruckus is trying to get you to replace your APs every few years or buy maintenance subscriptions that's right up there with tesla making you subscribe to get updates for your car and keep some functions running.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @bdillard 

The application is available for mobile version Android and iOS.

Can you try the steps of L2 ACL after the upgrade?

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

sanjay_kumar
RUCKUS Team Member

Hi @bdillard 

You can try doing the upgrade from CLI as well, but the easiest way would be to use Unleashed application.
1. Install the Unleashed application.
2. Connect to the SSID and open the application.
3. Through the application, upgrade the APs.

Thanks so much I've never seen the application - do they make a windows version?

I also noticed I couldn't create ACL groups 

Normally I go to admin services, services, access control, go to l2, create - put in a name, select restrict to approved macs, put in the mac addresses and click OK - when I click on OK - just like the register, nothing happens.  I've clicked OK 10 times then reloaded the page and the group is gone.

Hi @bdillard 

The application is available for mobile version Android and iOS.

Can you try the steps of L2 ACL after the upgrade?

Thanks - I'm not on site.  Is there a windows version so I can remote to someone's PC?