cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing the beacon interval

sureal_alamsjah
New Contributor III

Hello,

I'm trying to change the beacon interval to 200 on an Unleashed network. I've entered the CLI via SSH.

I did the following:

enable

config

show wlan.

After the command show wlan I got a list of the three existing WLANs. I want to edit WLAN 3, so I typed

wlan 3

The response was: The WLAN service '3'  has been created. To save the WLAN service, type end or exit.

When I now type show wlan there is no output anymore. Does this mean that when I exit SSH I loose my WLAN config?

Regards,

Sjaak

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

sanjay_kumar
RUCKUS Team Member

Hi @sureal_alamsjah 

When you enter the command wlan 3 to edit the ssid, I assume there are special character in the SSID.
Can you try entering the command as wlan "SSID Name" 

For example, I have an ssid name Ruckus-Staff so I use the command as below

ruckus> en
ruckus# config
ruckus(config)# wlan "Ruckus-Staff"
The WLAN service 'Ruckus-Staff' has been loaded. To save the WLAN service, type 'end' or 'exit'.
ruckus(config-wlan)#
ruckus(config-wlan)# end
The WLAN service 'Ruckus-Staff' has been updated and saved.
Your changes have been saved.
ruckus(config)#

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

sanjay_kumar
RUCKUS Team Member

Hi @sureal_alamsjah 

When you enter the command wlan 3 to edit the ssid, I assume there are special character in the SSID.
Can you try entering the command as wlan "SSID Name" 

For example, I have an ssid name Ruckus-Staff so I use the command as below

ruckus> en
ruckus# config
ruckus(config)# wlan "Ruckus-Staff"
The WLAN service 'Ruckus-Staff' has been loaded. To save the WLAN service, type 'end' or 'exit'.
ruckus(config-wlan)#
ruckus(config-wlan)# end
The WLAN service 'Ruckus-Staff' has been updated and saved.
Your changes have been saved.
ruckus(config)#

sureal_alamsjah
New Contributor III

Hi sanjay_kumar,

Thank you, that seemed to do the trick. I do not see a new '3' network in the GUI, so I guess all is well.

I was able to change the beacon interval, thank you.

Regards,

Sjaak

Hi @sureal_alamsjah 
Glad to hear that worked.

Wordy068
New Contributor

You can change the beacon interval on your Ruckus Wireless access point using the web interface or the command-line interface (CLI). Here's a guide for both methods:-

Using the Web Interface:-

1. Access the Ruckus Web Interface:- Open a web browser and enter the IP address of your Ruckus access point in the address bar. The default IP address is typically 192.168.0.150, but it might be different depending on your configuration. You can find the IP address on a label on the access point itself or by using a network scanner tool.
  2. Login Credentials:- Enter your username and password for the web interface. The default credentials might be "admin" for username and "admin" for password, but it's recommended to change these for security reasons.
  3. Wireless Settings:- Navigate to the section for managing your Wi-Fi network settings. This might be labeled "WLAN," "Wireless," or something similar, depending on your specific Ruckus access point model.
  4. Edit WLAN:- Locate the specific WLAN (wireless network) for which you want to change the beacon interval. You might see a list of all WLANs configured on the access point.
  5. Advanced Options:- Look for an "Advanced" or "Advanced Settings" section within the WLAN configuration. This section might present more configurable options for your wireless network.