cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't find ZoneFlex r500 IP

sen_rabdet
New Contributor

We have 3 Zoneflex r500.  I can see 2 of them in the unleased interface, and hope to add the 3rd.  The 3rd is on the same subnet, but I can't find it's IP, or Mac address in the router's ARP or DHCP address tables.  The 3rd however, is "working" in the sense that it is generating an SSID which works.  When on it, I've tried an IP config and trying to remote into the device using the gateway, but no joy.  

Q should I reset the device?

Q there is a 2nd port on the device, but the default ip for the device (192.168.0.1) isn't in play anymore....however, if I jack into the device and use putty to 192.168.0.1 would that work?

3 REPLIES 3

syamantakomer
Community Admin
Community Admin

Hi Sen,

Q should I reset the device?

A Yes, start with resetting the AP and see if it gets an IP from your DHCP server.

Q there is a 2nd port on the device, but the default ip for the device (192.168.0.1) isn't in play anymore....however, if I jack into the device and use putty to 192.168.0.1 would that work?

A It depends, if it has an IP already, default IP will not work. Check the mac table for directly connected interface on switch side.

Syamantak Omer
Sr.Staff TSE | CWNA | CCNA | RCWA | RASZA | RICXI
RUCKUS Networks, CommScope!
Follow me on LinkedIn

atma_tiwana
New Contributor III

You can get an app called net analyzer on Android and iOS and then use that to get a list of devices on your local network and see if you can see it.  

iOS version won't show Mac afdress

hayward_kong
Contributor III

sen_rabdet,

are you sure the 3rd R500 is flashed to unleashed?  If not, you need to flash it to the same version of unleashed.   Anyway, I suggest that you reset that 3rd R500 and old reset button for 10-15 secs  and hook it directly via ethernet to a laptop and set your laptop IP to 192.168.0.10 and go the the default IP of the Ruckus AP which is 192.168.0.1 through a webbrower like Firefox so you can access the webGUI.