cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I have 2 Unleashed within the same local area network (subnet)?

jjalidin
New Contributor

Hi,

I have a remote client...
They have an old Unleashed consisting several R310 devices. They have just bought several R350 and I have been tasked to set up a new Unleashed for these.
To avoid any network downtime, I would like to prep the new Unleashed. I am doing the setup remotely. Can I have the old Unleashed running while I prep the new one? The plan is to disconnect the old devices once the new Unleashed has been set up. The remote site has only 1 single subnet.
Can this be done?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Sgatjens

Hi jjalidin
No, you generally cannot have two Unleashed networks within the same local area network (subnet).
In an Unleashed network, the APs join a Master AP automatically if they are in the same subnet. So it is not possible to have 2 different unleashed networks on the same subnet since as soon as you try to connect an AP the unit will join the old network automatically.

Kind regards,
Sofia Gätjens
Technical Support Engineer | L2 TAC Wired

COMMSCOPE
now meets next

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Sgatjens

Hi jjalidin
No, you generally cannot have two Unleashed networks within the same local area network (subnet).
In an Unleashed network, the APs join a Master AP automatically if they are in the same subnet. So it is not possible to have 2 different unleashed networks on the same subnet since as soon as you try to connect an AP the unit will join the old network automatically.

Kind regards,
Sofia Gätjens
Technical Support Engineer | L2 TAC Wired

COMMSCOPE
now meets next

Hi Sgatjens,

Thank you for the response. Understood.

Kind Regards.