cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatically turning APs in an Unleashed Network off at Night

andre_alp
New Contributor II
Hello,

Setup: 5x r310 APs in an Unleashed-Network with 6 SSIDs.

Now I want to shut 2 of these 5 APs down in the night time.

I already found the "set state" command to turn radio on a specified SSID off/on via CLI.

Does somebody know a way to turn the AP completly off? Its always a hassle to log on via putty. I also want to automate this.

I thought of creating a Script and a Task on my Server which runs the "set state" command at a specified time.

Any other ideas?
6 REPLIES 6

monnat_systems
Valued Contributor II
i am assuming that you want those AP's to be powered on however you want disable both radios so that WLAN is completely off - this is doable however manual...
see here -- http://docs.ruckuswireless.com/unleashed/200.4/index.html#c-ConfiguringIndividualAP.html

you can Enable/disable WLAN service on a per AP basis...

andre_alp
New Contributor II
Hello,

i think my title and first was not clear enough.

We don't want to turn off the AP completly. We want to turn off the Radio (2.4/5) of some APs.

My idea was to turn off the WLANs or Radio by script (SSH/Telnet).

I've read the Unleashed CLI Reference-Book and found two interesting commands:

1. set state wlanX down/up
2. radio 2.4 wlan-service

In case of 1. the command does not work. When I run the command on an member AP "set state wlan0 down" and afterwards "get state wlan0" the AP shows that the wlan is down. But the WLAN ist still working.

In case 2. the command also does not work. When I run the command on the Master AP "radio 2.4 wlan-service" the radio is still active. What about the arguments of the command "wlan-service"? Do I need "enable/disable"? I've tried these arguments also with no luck.

It would be great if one these commands (1./2.) would work, because these changes are only active until the next reboot of the said AP. So the customers only needs to restart the AP to get the WLAN working again.

monnat_systems
Valued Contributor II
which version of unleashed you are running?I can try... also if you are not running latest... can u pls update the firmware and try?I will b trying on latest...

andre_alp
New Contributor II
Hello,

we are running the latest (200.5.10.0.291) version of Unleashed.