cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Administrator access via Active Directory?

dan_swartzendru
New Contributor III
Is it possible to login to the web UI authenticated using AD?  I can't seem to get it to work.  I created a role, made sure it it had super admin box checked.  In the AD config, I used the test button to give a user and password.  Unleashed correctly printed out the various groups, including Administrators, and said the user would be assigned to that group.  The role I created was called Administrators, and had 'Administrators' in the Group Attributes, so I *assumed* it would work, but instead I get a login error.  I assume I'm missing a piece of the puzzle here, but no idea what.  Any tips appreciated.
14 REPLIES 14

This is weird.  I'm trying to post syslog snippets and the site keeps giving me captcha challenges and won't let me by.  Hmmm.  I'm not sure what the heck is going on, I had to elide almost all of the information from my syslog post, or I'd get stuck in a captcha loop 😞

dan_swartzendru
New Contributor III
Okay, that was helpful.  All set now, thanks!

dan_swartzendru
New Contributor III
Hmmm, interesting.  I either found a bug, or something confusing.  So, I have user 'Administrator' (set up during install).  Local password is (example) 'foo'.  'Administrator' account under AD has password 'bar'.  If I login as 'Administrator' and give 'bar', the log prints a message that auth is not local.  Good.  But if I use the password 'foo', it still says auth not local (although it does log me in).