cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

clients can't reach anything after gateway

jo_nas
New Contributor II

Hello gents,

I've bought an older R500 AP and flashed the last released standalone image on it. The AP is connected to an stupid layer2 switch and this one is connected to a physical OPNsense port. On the OPNsense the gateway for the LAN is 192.168.10.1/23 and the AP has the 192.168.10.3 in this case.

After creating the local subnet and the DHCP configuration, the connected client can't reach more than the gateway on the OPNsense, but the Ruckus AP with 192.168.10.3 can reach anything in the WWW without any problems. I also checked the incoming traffic to the FW and you can only see the connection to the gateway from the client but e.g. pinging the google DNS gives me now connection logs on the FW, so it seems, there is no incoming traffic passing it.

I also tried to connect the AP directly to the physical OPNsense port without the switch, but the problem is still there. I flashed also the image new and made a factory reset, nothing changed. The last thing I did was to test, if the client can reach another subnet behind the firewall on another physical ports. So I created a ACL on the firewall and allowed the traffic from 192.168.10.0/23 to 192.168.20.0/24 and the AP had no problem to reach his own gateway and the other subnet too, but the clients still can't reach the other subnet.

At least I do not know what the problem is. It looks like something is not working with the bridge on the Ruckus AP for the forwarding? Anyone experience with such a problem?

Cheers

7 REPLIES 7

"Packet forward" is set to "Bridge to WAN" which is incorrect if you are using local subnet.

Please change it to Local subnet from the drop down under Packet Forward.

Regards,
Syamantak Omer

Syamantak Omer
Sr.Staff TSE | CWNA | CCNA | RCWA | RASZA | RICXI
RUCKUS Networks, CommScope!
Follow me on LinkedIn

jo_nas
New Contributor II
Oh my gosh... Didn't saw that option, unbelievable that I missed this.
Thanks it is working now...!

Good to know that it is working now!

Regards,
Syamantak Omer

Syamantak Omer
Sr.Staff TSE | CWNA | CCNA | RCWA | RASZA | RICXI
RUCKUS Networks, CommScope!
Follow me on LinkedIn