cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

vSZ-D Network Configuration

ross_halliday
New Contributor III
Hello,

I'm attempting to turn up a vSZ-D instance in my lab. I've got a pair of vSZ controllers running in a cluster, each with three interfaces (Management, Cluster, Control). The vSZ-D documentation is pretty bad, as it calls the one interface "Management/Control" and doesn't really say what it does, or really how it's supposed to connect to the vSZ controllers. I've tried it on both the "Management" and "Cluster" networks but I can't get it to connect. I have not tried it on the "Control" (which is Public) for the controllers as this is the same subnet as the "Data" interface should be on.

Also, I have no idea how the "Data" interface is supposed to work VLAN-wise. Is the IP I assigned just untagged?

Could someone share how theirs is configured and working? I would really appreciate it!

Thanks
35 REPLIES 35

Got it working. We had the NIC on vSwitch set for reject, the default, not promiscuous so it was dropping all VLANs. Once we set that to promiscuous it started working fine.
Whew, not I can finally start testing.

Ahhh that setting, yes. Good to hear you got it sorted out finally!

One of the things I haven't gotten around to testing fully yet is the AP's interception of packets. The GRE tunnel runs a low MTU - I think around 1330 bytes - of course it's not a router, so ICMP "Too Large" messages are going to be interesting! My initial testing was with an older iPhone and a Windows 7 laptop, but the laptop actually had an IP in the same subnet as the AP.

Anyone get this working on KVM? Seems like a nightmare to setup - So far I can only get the data network to ping anywhere

james_laszko_a9
New Contributor
Does anyone have any insight into how to accomplish setup using the VSZ-D on a dvSwitch?  Are they just not supported?