cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[sz(or vsz)] What settings should I change? Will the connected client be disconnected?

hyshin
New Contributor

Will the currently connected client break?

Do you have organized content?

ex)
Networks > Wireless > Wireless LANs > When changing WG settings

<===Connected clients break.

Is there a document or file that organizes the relevant information?

Thanks you. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

sanjay_kumar
RUCKUS Team Member

Hi @hyshin 

In vSZ, when changing the most of the SSID settings, a config update will be pushed to the AP, which will have a soft disconnect and reconnect for the client. However, clients will not experience this disconnect.

If you can be more specific of the any particular setting you are concerned about, then we can explain more about the behavior.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

divyasree_tami1
RUCKUS Team Member

Hi Hyshin,

Good day & Thank you for reaching out. 

We may require more information on the reported issue or query to help you on the query. Can you please help us with the below mentioned requested information:

1. Have you made any changes on WLAN settings ? and at that time clients got disconnected ?

2. So, you would like to know in which scenario Client breaks or disconnects from WLAN ?

3. Can you please explain the scenario you faced with client disconnection ? and help us with the type of SSID the client got disconnected ( Type of authentication, encryption )

4. What change was made on the SSID ?

5. Were all the clients got disconnected or broke with Wi-Fi connectivity ?

Thanks 

Divyasree Tamiri

sanjay_kumar
RUCKUS Team Member

Hi @hyshin 

In vSZ, when changing the most of the SSID settings, a config update will be pushed to the AP, which will have a soft disconnect and reconnect for the client. However, clients will not experience this disconnect.

If you can be more specific of the any particular setting you are concerned about, then we can explain more about the behavior.

Hi Sanjay

Please give a detailed explanation.

Can the client break in other cases as well?

I would appreciate it if you could give me an example.

Thank you.