cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"vsz essentials doesnt support multiple interfaces, please configure with one interface then setup again"

jimmy_gu_5891de
New Contributor II

hi, I'm trying to setup a demo vSZ on an EXSI server

at the vSZ#

I typed in SETUP, and chose vSZ essential, but came up with this error message 

"vsz essentials doesnt support multiple interfaces, please configure with one interface then setup again"

I did notice there are multiple interfaces in "show interface", so I had removed 2 other connection from EXSI, leaving only 1 connected

now show interface only showing 1 control interface , but SETUP would still giving same error message : (

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

eizens_putnins
Valued Contributor II

You probably had configured all 3 interfaces on the same subnet, and this can't work at all, therefore services were not coming up.

So go for vSZ-H with 1 interface and if you can, add some 4 GB RAM  at least for time of installation.

When you deploy ova, uncheck option start VM after deployment. When deployed, edit RAM (to max available), HDD (300GB recommended, will work with 100GB too, but will give error message), and delete 2 NICs, and put last NIC on correct network. Than start VM and run setup.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12

raul_perez
New Contributor
Hi, I have the same problem. I have a laptop with 8GB of RAM. What version of vSCG do you recommend? I have followed all the steps in the manual but with the latest version of the vSCG and it gives me the same interface error

hi , refer to eizens_putnins's reply , 13gb minimum ram, 3 interfaces need to be on different vlans , i havent got time to test it yet : )