cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

disconnected due to inactivity after 58 seconds?

craig_knights_7
New Contributor II
At our school, our users are complaining about trouble staying on the wifi.  Often changing SSIDs or laptop's Wifi off / on will help get them reconnected.  Some background:  vSZ Essentials 3.4.2.0.169  We have 52 R600's, and a flat network topology.  We have up to 1000 users peak.  Half iPads, a quarter Macbooks, the rest Windows or Android.

In the logs I often see entries like this:
2018/03/06 13:30:19
Client connection timed out
Informational
Client [dsc] disconnected from WLAN [JMCstaff] on AP [ELC 203@D4:68:4D:22:CB:E0] due to inactivity.

2018/03/06 13:29:21
Client authorization successfully
Informational
Client [dsc] of WLAN [JMCstaff] from AP [ELC 203@D4:68:4D:22:CB:E0] was authorized.
The client connects, then gets disconnected due to inactivity 58 seconds later?

More background:
We are doing radius auth on the staff and student SSIDs to a Windows 2016 NPS

More looking at the AP log, there is a client timeout after 8 seconds?

This problem has been happening for months if not years, and had survived across updates to the vSZ, both software and hardware.  The hardware is a modern processor with plenty of RAM running on vmWare on an SSD.

Where to go next?

thanks,
Craig
5 REPLIES 5

craig_knights_7
New Contributor II
Just watched one client get disconnected due to inactivity after 1 second!?!

david_buhl
New Contributor III
Wondering if you every heard anything on this, or opened up a ticket.  I am moving from a ZD to a SmartZone and am seeing lots of inactivity timeouts after only a few seconds.  Hopefully there is something that can be done.

pasquale_monard
New Contributor III
What the user idle timeout set to?

david_buhl
New Contributor III
Mine was originally the default of 120 seconds.  I bumped it to the max of 1000 seconds.  I'm still seeing a lot of disconnects "due to inactivity" that are 5-30 seconds after the connection is made.

Support is looking in to it, but says they haven't seen this before.  From posts like this and others, I beg to differ.

We are on 5..0.0.0.675