cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

T750 not connecting to Smartzone Controller

ShawnCook
New Contributor

Hi all,

I have a Ruckus Smartzone Controller.  Version 5.1.0 with 189 R750's.  I just purchased a T750 for outside.  The T750 has an IP address.  I can log into the AP.  I ran the command for the AP to look to the zone controller.  I can ping the zone controller from the AP.  However, the SmartZone cannot see the AP, it is not registering with it.  I feel I am missing a small piece, but I cannot find it.  

1 REPLY 1

vasanth_edward
RUCKUS Team Member

Hi @ShawnCook,

Thank you for reaching out to RUCKUS Technical Support via Community Forum.

Upon reviewing your system configuration, I noticed that the SZ is currently running on version 5.1.0.x, while the T750 is a WiFi6 AP requiring 6.x firmware for optimal support.

To ensure compatibility and seamless performance, I recommend upgrading the SZ to 6.1.2.x firmware. This process typically involves a two-step upgrade: first, from 5.1.0 to 5.2.2.0.317, and then to 6.1.2.0.405. Additionally, please ensure that the T750 is equipped with Solo firmware.

For your convenience, you can filter products on our support portal (https://support.ruckuswireless.com) and download the necessary firmware.

Please feel free to reach out if you have any further questions or require assistance with the upgrade process.

Regards,

Vasanth Edward || Snr TSE

RUCKUS CommScope