cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smartzone & Probe request without SPoT

thomas_sheppard
New Contributor

Hi all, 

I am wondering is it possible for smartzone or the AP's themselves to forward all the probe requests they receive to anywhere other than SPoT? The SPoT licenses are prohibitively expensive and we would like the raw data (MAC, RSSI, Time)

Thanks

Tom

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

sunny_gupta
Contributor II

You can actually stream the location data to another system other than SPoT directly from SZ.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

sunny_gupta
Contributor II

You can actually stream the location data to another system other than SPoT directly from SZ.

@sunny_gupta how would you do that Sunny is there some instructions somewhere?

Thanks for the reply!

Hi,

I haven't done this, but as I understand it you would just define your custom location server within the Location Service configuration section.  It should be configured to receive the MQTT stream.

You would just define your LBS instead of Ruckus SPoT.

That said, i see SPoT as relatively low-cost??  But I suppose it depends on # of APs and your budget...

DarrelRhodes
Valued Contributor

Hi Tom,

I believe it may be possible to engineer a solution to extract AP-Client RSSI values directly from the SmartZone controller.

I recommend you pursue this query via your Ruckus partner who will most likely need to request further information through their Ruckus SE. Is this something you're able to do?

If you need any assistance with the above, please let me know.

Best regards,
Darrel.