cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SZ100-D port question

chris_grace
New Contributor III
Hi everybody,

Have a question about the SZ100-D ports, that I'm struggling to find any documentation on. In the quick start guide they are just labelled as 1-2 being management, and 3-6 being data (or 3-4 if you don't have the SFP+ ports).

Image_ images_messages_5f91c3fd135b77e24790d607_05cf20d2f830d82cc10805dbdc509484_RackMultipart20190813863051um9-38f27507-102b-467a-a2ec-dc8834563370-1834178952.png1565693466

So my question is, how do these ports behave if they are both connected? Are they doing some kind of failover, or aggregation?

As far as I can see in the configuration, you don't set anything by specific port, just management or data interfaces.

Thanks,
Chris.
5 REPLIES 5

chris_grace
New Contributor III
Hi all,

Thought I'd post a quick update from the response I got through our Ruckus SE and a DataPlane expert from Ruckus in the US, just in case anyone was interested;

Ports 1 and 2:
These ports are for management, as advised, but they do not run, and cannot be configured, in a bonded mode. They run in an active/passive configuration by default. Upon boot if both interfaces are connected, whichever one is detected first by the DataPlane will become the active interface, and the other will be in standby mode. If the active link is disconnected, the other will then become active. These ports share the same network bridge, and therefore share the IP address configured on the DataPlane for the management interface. There is no special port configuration (LAG) required on the switch end.

Ports 3 to 6 (depending on model):
These ports are for data, as advised, and are bound to the same network bridge by default, and so share the IP address configured on the DataPlane for the data interface. Unlike ports 1 and 2, they are both active at the same time, but not in a LAG. So again there is no special port configuration required on the switch end.