cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SZ100 Can not upgrade from 3.6.2.0.222 to 5.2

NgocDao
New Contributor

Hi everyone,

I recently purchased a SmartZone 104 appliance and encountered an error when upgrading it from 3.6.2 to 5.2.x. The error is identical to the one described in this forum post: "your current system cannot be upgraded. Reason:The system cannot be upgraded, because the following zone(s) will be unsupported: v3.5.1.0.419 * 1"

I attempted to fix the issue by following the instructions in the post, which involved changing the AP firmware. However, the default zone remains stuck at 3.5.1.0.419 and cannot be upgraded. Consequently, my SmartZone is stuck at version 3.6.2, and I am unable to proceed. Additionally, I have not yet connected any APs to this zone.

I also tried adding H320 APs, but they failed to function, possibly due to a firmware mismatch between the WLC and APs.

I would appreciate any assistance in resolving this issue and upgrading my SmartZone to version 5.2.x.

Thanks,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

James
RUCKUS Team Member

You are welcome. 

To factory reset the SZ100 controller, please take an SSH/ console access to the controller > enter admin username and password > enter "enable" mode > enter the enable mode password.

Once logged in, please run the command "set-factory" to factory reset the controller.

Once reset is completed take a console access to the controller (use console rate/ baud rate 115200) to gain access to the SZ100.

Default username and password is "admin". Default enable mode password is also "admin".

Once logged in use the "setup" command to configure network settings on the controller.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

NgocDao
New Contributor

The error is identical to the one described in this forum post:

NgocDao_0-1717403372856.png

James
RUCKUS Team Member

Hello,

Do we have any configuration currently in place on your SZ100/ AP zones. If no configs are currently in place, it might be a good idea to perform a factory reset on the controller and configure from scratch. This way, the default AP zone would also be running 3.6.2.0.x AP firmware. 

NgocDao
New Contributor

Oh, thank you for your assistance. I'll give it a shot.

Currently, I haven't configured any zones or APs on this WLC. I just recently purchased this device and am still learning about it.

James
RUCKUS Team Member

You are welcome. 

To factory reset the SZ100 controller, please take an SSH/ console access to the controller > enter admin username and password > enter "enable" mode > enter the enable mode password.

Once logged in, please run the command "set-factory" to factory reset the controller.

Once reset is completed take a console access to the controller (use console rate/ baud rate 115200) to gain access to the SZ100.

Default username and password is "admin". Default enable mode password is also "admin".

Once logged in use the "setup" command to configure network settings on the controller.