cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Password change

alfredo_hernand
New Contributor

Hi!

I recently changed my admin password from the Administration>Administrators section, but now the controller (SmartZone 100) won't let me in. It doesn't say that my credentials are wrong, it just doesn't let me in. Is it normal?

Note: This is our only admin account.

11 REPLIES 11

Hi!

Yes, the Controller Version is 5.1.0.0.469, and the Control Plane Software Version is 5.1.0.0.447.

I will try entering the CLI and will answer with an update.

Thank you!

How can I check if the CLI access is working?

Use any terminal application like putty and SSH into the controller with it's IP address.

It will give you the prompt, try using the last known password (username remains "admin") and see if you can login or not.

Syamantak Omer
Sr.Staff TSE | CWNA | CCNA | RCWA | RASZA | RICXI
RUCKUS Networks, CommScope!
Follow me on LinkedIn

Ok, CLI is working, I was able to login with the new admin password I set.

Now the problem is that I can't enter Enable mode to change it again, it asks for a password, I tried with the admin user passwords (previous and new one) but it says "Incorrect password". Is there a default password for Enable mode?

Hi Alfredo,

If enable password was different then admin password, you will not be able to login into enable password.

At this point I suggest you to open a case with support and ask them to check why GUI login in not working, even when same password is working with CLI.

Syamantak Omer
Sr.Staff TSE | CWNA | CCNA | RCWA | RASZA | RICXI
RUCKUS Networks, CommScope!
Follow me on LinkedIn