cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migrating Capacity License from one vSZ to another vSZ

rizaldo_fk
New Contributor II

Hi All,

Is it possible to migrating capacity license from the one vSZ to another vZS?

I have two vSZ(s), the one at the HQ and the another at DC. The case is I bought the 100 Switch Capacity License for my DC-vSZ, but i want to move 25 capacity license to the HQ-vSZ. I saw we can remove some quantity from LiMan (License Manager), but I don't know, is it will be permanently removed or we can use the removed capacity license for the another vSZ.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

sunny_gupta
Contributor II

Hello, yes you should be able to do this.  The licenses are part of your pool which can be allocated to your controllers.

I recommend you work with RUCKUS TAC Support to get this completed if you are not very familiar with LiMan.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

sunny_gupta
Contributor II

Hello, yes you should be able to do this.  The licenses are part of your pool which can be allocated to your controllers.

I recommend you work with RUCKUS TAC Support to get this completed if you are not very familiar with LiMan.

@sandeep_gupta_89lya7d7doyxy

well, thank you Sandeep. I'll work with the Ruckus Support when I doing this action. 

eizens_putnins
Valued Contributor II

This is pretty simple, just license isn't moved instantly. You can also split it (move exactly as much licenses, as you need). You need to remove licenses from vSZ back to pool, and synchronize vSZ. Than licenses will become unused and you can add them to another vSZ, and need to synchronize it.  Than it is moved. May take couple of hours sometimes. Both vSZ must be under same end-user account.

Support can move license instantly, and even between different accounts (sometimes one end-user have multiple accounts historically).