cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migrating Access Points from SZ100 to vSZ

volker_von_hoes
New Contributor II

Hello everyone,

I'm currently facing a challenge with migrating my access points from an SZ100 to a vSZ (Virtual SmartZone). I have around 200 access points with activated mesh in the zone, and I need to transition them to the vSZ. However, I've encountered some obstacles in the process.

Here are my questions:

1. How can I smoothly migrate all my access points from the SZ100 to the vSZ?
  2. Alternatively, is there a way to set the "mesh-role" to "disabled" for the access points?

I've tried the "switch over clusters" method, but it only works for APs that don't have mesh options, where the "mesh role" is set to "disabled." Unfortunately, other access points with different mesh roles (down, RAP, MAP, etc.) cannot be moved. I receive an error message indicating that they have a mesh role and thus cannot be shifted.

I understand that purely mesh APs (mesh-role=map) might potentially be lost in the migration process. If that's the case, I'm prepared to manually transfer them via factory reset.

I would greatly appreciate any advice, tips, or insights from anyone who has experience with similar migrations or understands the process better. Your assistance would be invaluable in resolving this issue.

Thank you in advance for your help!
Volker.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

volker_von_hoes
New Contributor II

Okay, so it seems to work like this:

1. Create a new zone without mesh on the SZ.
  2. Move AP into the new zone.
  3. Perform a factory reset on the AP (CLI: set factory).
  4. Reboot the AP and afterwards the mesh role is set to 'disabled'.

Thank you for your attention, regards, Volker.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

volker_von_hoes
New Contributor II

Okay, so it seems to work like this:

1. Create a new zone without mesh on the SZ.
  2. Move AP into the new zone.
  3. Perform a factory reset on the AP (CLI: set factory).
  4. Reboot the AP and afterwards the mesh role is set to 'disabled'.

Thank you for your attention, regards, Volker.