cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maintenance mode, to schedule or not to schedule.

andrew_giancol1
Contributor III
Good afternoon,
I'm back from a much-needed vacation and am jumping into making sure my Ruckus assets are healthy and backed up.  Usually, I schedule a Maint window in order to perform the cluster backups ( 5.1.1.0.598 VZ-H - 3 nodes in AWS and 5.0.0.0.675 VZ-E single node hosted on-prem), but wondered, if this was indeed necessary? I looked through the documentation for guidance but found only the following excerpt.

"The following message appears: The cluster is in maintenance mode. Please wait a few minutes.
When the cluster backup process is complete, a new entry appears in the Cluster Backups History section with a Created On value that is approximate to the time when you started the cluster backup process."
1 REPLY 1

albert_pierson
RUCKUS Team Member
HI Andrew,

The "maintenance mode" when a cluster backup is initiated is just to prevent any configuration changes being made on the system while the backup is in process.  It should not affect the operation of Access Points and authentication handled by the SZ.

You should not need to do this after hours but only make sure no other system administrators are not trying to make configuration changes (This happens a lot on large Service Provider networks).

I hope this information helps.

Thanks for choosing Ruckus Networks - a Commscope company.